Image Widget

Image Widget

More Goodies from the Vault

Monday, February 1, 2010

I wrote the following piece on November 19, 2008 for a group of Christ Journey supporters. I am thankful that the Lord is still leading us into connections with those who do not know him.

Tonight, during our house church gathering in my living room, she prayed for my daughter. Her name is [Carla], and she is around 19 or 20 years old. She lives in a neighboring town with her mother who was healed of cancer a couple of months ago. She was not raised in a Christian home, and had never had any contact with any church of any kind until February of this year. She wants to believe that God exists, is active in the world, and loves her; however, as with all of us, she needs a little help with her unbelief. She is seeking Him though...perhaps with more vigor than most of us realize. From time to time, she will send me text messages asking deep questions of faith. This was her most recent question: “If God loves us and wants us to follow him by loving others, why do Christians show so much hate toward homosexuals.” My response: “Great question, [Carla]. Sometimes, I ask myself the same thing.” She is not even a Christian yet, but God seems to be forming a Christ-like love for those who are rejected or considered outcasts. She is already coming to understand that there is more to life with God than asserting certain beliefs. Instead, as a community formed by the cross of Christ, daily, we pick up that cross living for the sake of others. I am thankful that [Carla] is a regular participant in the house church that I am a part of, because God is greatly using her to model such a life for me.

Tonight, during our house church gathering in my living room, she prayed (out loud for the very first time) for my daughter. She prayed that my daughter would not stray from her faith in Jesus as she grew older. She prayed that where ever the opportunities of this life took her that she would still be connected to Jesus Christ and the community of Christ Journey Church. Tonight, the fragrant sacrifice of out-loud prayers were offered before the Lord by [Carla], a dear friend and not-yet Christian who is growing in the ways of Christ.

0 contributions:

Post a Comment